Thursday, April 27, 2017

February 2017 Empties

More progress in February!


Makeup items:


Ulta Demi-Matte Foundation (Ivory)
Opinion: This is my favorite foundation ever! The shade is a perfect match for me, and it is more matte than demi-matte in my opinion. It is quite thick and a little difficult to apply. I find that a Beauty Blender works best. This stuff sticks to my oily face all day.
Repurchase?: I already have. It's nice that Ulta brand items frequently have BOGO sales too.

NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray
Opinion: I blow through this like crazy.
Repurchase?: Again and again. I have two backups right now. I did just buy the E.L.F. version to try though, since it was only $3.00. So far I am not impressed.

Napoleon Perdis Autopilot Pre Foundation Skin Primer
Opinion: This worked well enough. It wasn't my favorite primer ever or anything.
Purchase?: Pass.

Dermalogica Hydrablur Primer
Opinion: This was a pretty standard "slippery" primer for me. It worked well. I liked it more than the Napoleon Perdis one.
Purchase?: Doubtful.

IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream
Opinion: Loved this. I understand the hype around this brand because everything of theirs I have tried is awesome. My skin looked great wearing this and this only. 
Purchase?: I have been very tempted to more than once. It's a little on the pricey side for me. I have two other sample tubes I have been hoarding for the hot summer months when I don't feel like slapping on a full face.

Vincent Longo double ended eyeliner pencil
Opinion: I used up the side of this that I like. It was getting kind of old and the color on the other side just got dry and unusable. It started cracking a little too, so it was time to go.
Repurchase?: I love eyeliners and I have a ton. I am currently using a Sigma eyeliner in a color very close to the one side I used up, so I don't need a new one of these at the moment.

yourMinerals Sweden setting powder
Opinion: I liked this a lot. It was very fine and very translucent. It gave my skin a nice soft but natural looking finish.
Repurchase?: My next setting powder purchase is definitely going to be Tarte, but this one is pretty close.

Skin care:


Aveeno Absolutely Ageless Intensive Renewal Serum
Opinion: This smelled really nice. I kept it in my gym bag to slather on after I showered and it made my face nice and soft.
Purchase?: Not at the moment, but I would definitely consider it in the future. When/if I ever run out of serums.

Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Eye Cream
Opinion: This was nice enough and the little jar lasted a while. It kept my undereye area hydrated overnight, which is what I expect from a good eye cream.
Purchase?: Not for the price, ouch.

LancĂ´me Energie de Vie the Smoothing and Glow Boosting Liquid Care
Opinion: I'm not even 100% sure what this was. I used it as a serum.
Purchase?: Too confusing.

Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask
Opinion: I LOVED this and I see what the Bliss hype is about now. This left my skin so soft and refreshed and it smelled nice too.
Purchase?: This brand is a little spendy for me, but I do see it on Hautelook every now and then. I will pay more attention and look for it now.

Pixi Glow Tonic
Opinion: This is a little sample bottle from the Target advent calendar that I got super cheap after the holidays. I used to go through this like crazy, until I realized that I wasn't actually sure it was doing anything. Also, even though it's not expense, it's not cheap either for the rate that I use toner.
Repurchase?: I'm holding off for now and searching for my HG toner. So far I am really liking The Body Shop's tea tree toner. Next I want to try the Mario Badescu one.

Miscellaneous:


More toothpaste! I keep toothbrushes and toothpaste all over the house. It's a small miracle to me when I finish a tube since I have to use it all by myself. My husband hates the varieties that I use.

Proraso Liquid After Shave Cream
Opinion: I shave my legs very infrequently, and they always burn like crazy afterwards. I got this sample in an Amazon luxury beauty box and I cannot believe how quickly and effectively it makes my legs stop burning!
Purchase?: Already did. This little bottle lasted me forever, so I didn't mind splurging a little on the full size.

Random Perfume Samples
Opinion: I love just about any and all perfumes. I don't have a "signature" scent. I just love wearing perfume and perfume in general. I currently have amassed 60-70 of these little sample vials, so I am making a point to use some up.

That's it for February! March and April will  be a combined post since things were a little slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment