Saturday, June 24, 2017

May 2017 Empties

Why yes! I am way behind! Here is what I went through in May:


Hair stuff:


John Frieda Frizz Ease Hair Spray
Opinion: I go through a mini can of hair spray about twice a year. This worked I guess. I am just not enough of a hair spray user to give a decent review.
Purchase?: Nope. I probably have 2-4 more mini cans of hair spray, so I am goo for another year or two.

Marc Anthony argan or some kind of other oil
Opinion: I like hair oil for my dry ends. This was suitable.
Purchase?: Nah. I'll stick to my samples or just buy more Hask.

Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Overnight Protector
Opinion: This was nice. I liked leaving it in my hair overnight and waking up to super moisturized locks.
Purchase?: Not for the price this brand runs at. Ouch.

Skin care:


Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment
Opinion: DAMN YOU GLAM GLOW!! This shit was GOOD. I used it on my nose to rip out all of my nasty blackheads. I don't know what kind of witchcraft Glam Glow uses to make their products but DAMN does it work!
Purchase?: I totally would but it is SOOOOO expensive! I wish Ulta carried it so I can cash in my points on it!

Dr. Brandt Poredermabrasion Pore Perfecting Exfoliator
Opinion: I liked this a lot. It really got in there and did some deep down scrubby things to my face. A little went a long way so this sample lasted a while.
Purchase?: I can scratch up my face for a lot less money, so no thank you.

First Aid Beauty Deep Cleanser
Opinion: This worked well enough. I liked the fact that it had clay added to help combat my greasies. It did leave my face feeling a little tight after using it.
Purchase?: Not my favorite cleanser, so no.

Lancome Advanved Genifique serum type thingy
Opinion: I love getting samples of this, because I will never splash out on the full sized version.
Purchase?: See above.

Miscellaneous skin and body:



Suave Visible Glow Self Tanning Body Lotion
Opinion: I think this may be better than Jergens for one reason. It's thinner and applies faster. I hate spending time rubbing lotion into my skin.
Repurchase?: My self tanner loving dumb ass probably will.

Pure Silk Shave Cream
Opinion: BORING.
Repurchase?: Nope. I have been shaving with a giant bottle of Wen conditioner and liking that more. Plus, it has the added bonus of maybe making my leg hair fall out!

Marvis Toothpaste
Opinion: Luxury toothpaste. Huh. This was fine I suppose.
Purchase?: Not as long as the hubby keeps buying massive packs of toothpaste at Costco. This was a nice sample though.

Proraso Cream Liquid After Shave Balm
Opinion: I love this. I had this last little sample to use up, now I am on to my big bottle.
Purchase?: Already have.

Makeup things:




Barry M Flawless Matte Finish Foundation
Opinion: I bought this at a train station in London and I loved it!!! I am super sad I cannot buy more.
Repurchase?: You bet your ass I will. The next time I can find it.

Mally Beauty double ended mascara
Opinion: Mascara, along with bronzer, is one of those rare makeup items that just do not excite me. However, I did really like this. The combination of defining and maximizing brushes really made application a breeze.
Repurchase?: I am literally drowning in tubes of mascara. Full sized. Deluxe sized. Sample sized. I will never be able to go through them all. I would definitely buy this if they all suddenly disappeared though.

Ulta Eyebrow Gel
Opinion: Ewwwww!! Never package eyebrow gel in a clear tube! It started to look very nasty very quickly from applying over my pomade. Also, it got gooey and flaking on me after a few uses. That's why there is still goo in this tube. I could not deal anymore.
Purchase?: I am convinced that all eyebrow gel sucks other than ABH.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Opinion: This definitely lives up to the hype! I can almost pull off a decent cat with this liner. And it stays on through almost anything.
Purchase?: I have another sample size going at the moment. Also, I am sure there is a cheaper dupe out there somewhere.

Harvey Prince Hello
Opinion: I liked this well enough. It wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't the worst either.
Purchase?: No, I am trying to use up my other 10,000 perfume samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment