Saturday, June 23, 2018

I’m back!

Wow, it’s been almost a year! This is going to be more of a personal post than anybody would like, but here we are. 

Very shortly after my last post in August 2017 I made the decision to leave my husband of nearly five years. At almost the exact same time, I somehow contracted cryptosporidium while traveling. Dealing with all of this and trying to move out was one of the most trying periods of my life.

Things really took a turn for the better and started looking up in January of this year. I got out of my mortgage, paid off my student loans ($600/month for over 8 years!), paid off my car...and got a promotion that came with a giant raise and bonus. All in the same week. I took a trip to Cancun to celebrate.

The next few months were crazy trying to wrap things up at my job and prepare to relocate for my new job. The promotion took me totally by surprise and required that I move from Minnesota to Maryland. Which is where I am now! I am very excited to revamp this blog and include more things than makeup. I’m going to be posting about a lot of new things, since my life is so new again.

No comments:

Post a Comment